Beginning March 12th through March 20, households everywhere will receive official Census Bureau mail with detailed information on how to respond to the 2020 Census online, by phone, or by mail.
Pick one person in your household to fill it out for everyone in the house.
- April: Households that do not respond online will receive a mailing with a paper questionnaire.
- May – July: Census takers will begin visiting households that have not responded to the 2020 Census to make sure everyone is counted.
What is the Census?
- Every 10 years, the US government counts everyone in the country through the census. We will have a census in 2020. It is required by the US Constitution.
- Only one person needs to respond to the census in each home.
- This is a sample of the paper questionnaire that will be used during the 2020 Census. See the sample copy of the 2020 Census HERE
• When you respond to the census, your answers are kept private. They are used only to produce statistics.
• By law, the Census Bureau cannot release any identifiable information about you, your home, or your business, even to law enforcement agencies.
And on April 1st, Census Day will be observed nationwide and you'll tell the Census Bureau where you live as of April 1, 2020.